Job Title: Investment Officer [#161744]
Language Preferences: English [Essential]; Mongolian [Essential]
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Appointment: Local Hire
Closing Date: 08/16/2016
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
As part of the IFC East Asia & Pacific team, IFC Ulaanbaatar office is now looking for an experienced Investment Officer under local hire package to join our current team to develop and execute new business opportunities, as well as manage investment portfolio and local client relationships. The Investment Officer will play an active role in participating in the local office's and the region’s business activities, interact directly with our local and global clients, and will work with colleagues from Headquarters, East Asia & Pacific, and other regional offices.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Develop a strong mapping and pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
- Participate in negotiations; use negotiation skills to overcome impasses and finalize negotiations in straightforward transactions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the development impact of new or portfolio projects.
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- At least 6-10 years of experience in finance with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, experience in emerging markets a plus
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mongolian
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to mentor junior investment staff
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Willingness to travel extensively within Mongolia and the region
Please go to our website www.ifc.org to on-line apply this position. Please search for “current opportunities” and find the position by Job Number 161744.